Northfields opened in 1957 as a 'County Infants' school. The main entrance for delivery is on Burley but there are 2 gates providing safe access for children and parents on Burley and Northfields. Our Nursery is housed in a large, purpose built unit within its own secure play area and attached to the school. Internally the school is bright and spacious. Six classrooms comprise the teaching areas. There is a purpose built Library completed in April 1998 and an ICT computer room finished in May 2002.The school office is just inside the main entrance. Apart from classroom and administration rooms, the school has a large hall with a dining area and a Community room. There is a central courtyard used as an outside classroom for the Foundation stage, a large field for play, three large, hard playground areas and a purpose built climbing/play area on a safe surface. There are also 'quiet' play houses and 'quiet' seating areas around the playing areas. All buildings are well maintained, well resourced, spacious and attractive.