Music at Northfields Infant and Nursery School
- Is taught through a range of different schemes and programmes
- Provides children with opportunities to appreciate music from different era’s, styles and genres.
- Engages and inspires children to develop a love for music.
- Develops children’s listening skills and their ability to reflect on what they have experienced either positively or negatively.
- Develops children’s awareness that music can affect their mood and impact on their well-being.
- Allows children to express themselves creatively through open ended activities.
- Fosters children’s self-confidence and sense of achievement.
- Provide opportunities to develop an interest in musical activities both indoors and out (EYFS outdoor learning and Reception/KS1 Forest School sessions)
Our Children will:
- Listen and comment on a broad range of music.
- Sing and perform a vast array of topic related songs.
- Play tuned and un-tuned instruments.
- Listen to and comment on others musical performances.
- Create their own musical pieces.
- When circumstances allow children will have the opportunity to watch professional musicians perform and also take part in community activities performing themselves in-front of an audience
Over the Key Stages the pupils will be taught the following key vocabulary to use with developing knowledge:
- pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure, notation etc.